Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MP alleges plot to lock him out of nominations hatched


By Renson Mnyamwezi
MOMBASA, KENYA: Wundanyi MP Thomas Mwadeghu has said a malicious plot has been hatched to lock him out of the parliamentary race at the forthcoming ODM nominations slated for January 10.
He said his political rivals have ganged up against him to ensure that a weaker candidate is nominated as the party’s flag bearer in the constituency.
“There is a malicious plot to eliminate me in favour of my main rival in ODM,” claimed Mwadeghu.
The legislator is facing stiff competition from his brother-in-law and Mombasa businessman Elistone Mwasela in the ODM nominations.
He said he was aware that even candidates from other political parties have joined in the fray to ensure that he was beaten at the nomination. The MP claimed his rivals were planning to rally support from non ODM members to boost their numbers during the party’s nomination.
“They know that I’m very strong and that is why they are ganging up against me. Their plans will not succeed because I have blessings from the electorate owing to my good development track record,” said the MP. Speaking in Wundanyi town when he handed over a new office constructed by CDF, Mwadeghu called for issue based politics and asked fellow politicians to avoid mudslinging in their campaigns.
“I’m ready to share platform with my competitors for the sake of peace and unity in the area. Those politicians engaging in character assassination,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment