Sunday, January 20, 2013

The day KENNETH MARENDE cried – UHURU KENYATTA banged the table!




Sunday January 20, 2013 - If you thought that senior government officials don’t cry when serving the public you better read this….

There is a day House Speaker Kenneth Marende almost cried in parliament when he delivered a ruling. Marende betrayed by both President Kibaki and Prime Minister Raila Odinga.

Kibaki and Raila had disagreed over the appointment of Chief Justice, Director of Public Prosecution, Auditor General and the Controller of the Budget.

Marende said before he made the ruling he had talked to the two coalition principals and they all had remained stubborn. He prayed about it and walked to parliament sobbing.

“Am a man of faith, I say a lot of prayer and it shows in my ability to perform. I felt like I was pushed to the end of my tether. Pressure was being brought to bear upon me…… that shouldn’t really have been by baby…. It was one of those very trying moments from me,” Marende said.

Marende said as soon as he concluded the ruling, Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta and his close foot soldiers, called a news conference, and Mr Kenyatta with cameras rolling banged the table in anger!

The Kenyan DAILY POST

No comments:

Post a Comment